These delicious Gluten-Free Amaretti Cookies are slightly crisp on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, and bursting with delicious almond flavor! There are only 6 ingredients in this recipe, and it also happens to be dairy-free!
If you're a big fan of almond-flavored desserts, then you will fall in love with these Gluten-Free Amaretti Cookies! They are so easy to make, with only 6 ingredients in the recipe. In Italy, these cookies are known as "Amaretti morbidi", morbidi means 'soft' in Italian, as this version of the Italian cookie has a soft exterior.
Gluten-Free Amaretti Cookie Ingredients
These Italian almond cookies are made with only 6 ingredients! Both gluten and dairy-free!
- Egg Whites: No yolk in this recipe, save the egg yolks for an omelet or custard.
- Sugar: Helps Sweeten the cookie.
- Almond Flour: These flourless cookies are made of almonds, no flour!
- Almond Extract: This gives these cookies that amazing almond flavor.
- Slivered Almonds: Helps provide a nice crunch and texture.
- Powdered Sugar: Provides flavor and gives a nice presentation.
How to Make Gluten-Free Amaretti Cookies
These cookies are super easy to make!
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets, then set them aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together with the 3 egg whites for around 30 seconds, or until light and frothy. Then add the remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flaked almonds to a small bowl. Take a tablespoon of dough and form the dough into a ball. Roll the ball of dough into the flaked almonds until fully coated. Place the ball of dough onto the baking sheet, gently pressing down. Space the cookies about 1 inch apart. Repeat until all the dough is used.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, the bottoms should be a light brown but the center soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to sit for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and sift the tops with powdered sugar.
Tips to Make The BEST Amaretti Cookies
- Use a high-quality almond extract to produce the BEST flavor.
- Make sure you use almond flour and not almond meal.
- Your egg whites need to have stiff peaks in order for this recipe to work. You will want to whisk them on high speed for around 30 seconds.
For More Tasty Recipes
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Crinkle Cookies
- Gluten-Free White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Gluten-Free Snowball Cookies (Vegan)
- Gluten-Free Spritz Cookies
- Gluten-Free Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten-Free Amaretti Cookies (Dairy-Free)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup flaked almonds optional
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with tin foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the 3 large egg whites for around 30 seconds, or until light and frothy. Add the almond flour, sugar, and almond extract. Continue to mix until well combined. The dough will form into a paste.
- In a small bowl add the flaked almonds. Take 1 tablespoon of dough and form into a ball. Roll the ball of dough in the flaked almonds. Set the cookie onto the lined baking sheet and gently press down to slightly flatten. Repeat until all dough is used. Space the cookie about 1 - inch apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. The bottom should be a light brown with a soft center. Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for minutes. After 10 minutes transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Sift the powdered sugar over the cookies and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.