Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Cookies, filled with dark chocolate chips and Andes mints in every bite! These double chocolate cookies have perfectly crisp edges and a soft chewy center. These are sure to become a holiday favorite!
Chocolate and mint are a match made in heaven, perfect for the holidays. These cookies have the most incredible flavor, with real peppermint extract and two types of chips. They remind me of thin mint, but a softer version. I look forward to making these every year!
Gluten-Free Mint Cookie Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Peppermint Extract
- Gluten-Free Flour
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Andes Mints
- Dark Chocolate Chips
How to Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Cookies
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract and continue to mix.
- Whisk together the gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the chocolate and mint chips.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Scoop out 2 inch balls of dough, about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie, and place them on a fully lined baking sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Top with more chips.
Tips for the BEST Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Do not skip the chilling method! These cookies need to sit at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator to help the gluten-free flour and flavors to absorb.
- Dairy-Free: You can make these cookies dairy-free by using dairy-free butter and skipping the mint chips. Add extra dark chips in place of the mint chips.
- Do not overbake. Remove the cookies from the oven right at ten minutes.
- Top the cookies with extra chips right when they come out of the oven. This will give them a bakery-style look.
For More Tasty Recipes Click The Link Below
Gluten-Free Chocolate Mint Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1¼ cups gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl on medium speed, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while the mixer is on low speed until everything is combined.
- Fold in the Andes mints and dark chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll the dough into 2- inch balls or 35 grams, about 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. Place the balls of dough 2- inches apart on the lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack for 1 hour. Top with more chips if desired.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days.