Gluten-Free Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers are the perfect festive meal to help celebrate the Halloween season! These peppers are stuffed with grass-fed beef, onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper, topped with your favorite cheese.
Halloween is right around the corner and these delicious stuffed peppers are the perfect meal to celebrate! This recipe is straightforward, easy, and loaded with healthy nutritious ingredients you can feel good about serving your family. From start to finish this recipe can be made in under an hour. Pressed for time? You can feel free to skip carving out the faces, but you’ll be missing half the fun!
Ingredients in Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is versatile and customizable to please any palate. Feel free to substitute any of the vegetables or meat to fit your needs.
- Meat: Grassfed beef, Ground Turkey, Ground Chicken, Bison.
- Onion: For flavor
- Mushrooms: Provide texture and flavor, pairs perfectly with the onion.
- Green Pepper: For Flavor
- Spices: Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper
- Cheese: Cheddar, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack
How to make your Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is very straightforward with only a handful of ingredients!
- Dice your onions, green pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté in a large pan until tender.
- Brown your beef in a separate pan. Once fully cooked strain the fat and combine with the vegetables.
- Season beef and vegetables.
- Carve out the Jack-O-Lantern faces.
- Stuff the peppers with the beef and vegetable mixture.
- Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese. Return the peppers to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
How to carve out the Jack-O-Lanter faces
- Slice the stem end off of each pepper.
- Remove the seeds and center from the peppers
- Using a small handheld knife, carefully cut a jack-o-lantern face out of one of the sides.
Stuffed Jack-O-Lantern Peppers are one of our favorite Halloween main dishes, and I know you’ll love it too!
For More Tasty Fall Recipes
Gluten-Free Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
- 6 orange peppers
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 8 ounce package of mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt season to liking
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices of cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Dice the onion, mushrooms, and green pepper into 1/4 inch pieces.
- In a large skillet add the onion, green peppers, and oil with a splash of water. Cover with a lid and sauté for 5 minutes. Then add in the mushrooms and continue sautéing for another 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- While the vegetables are cooking, use a sharp knife to slice off the top of each orange pepper.Set the top of the pepper to the side to be used later as little hats.Scoop out the seeds and middle of the peppers. Rinse the peppers thoroughly, drying with a paper towel. Carefully with a small handheld knife, carve out the jack-o-lantern faces on one side of each pepper.
- Once the vegetables have softened, remove from the heat, and set aside.
- In a separate frying pan brown the ground beef. Once the beef is fully cooked, strain the fat with a colander, and return the cooked beef to the frying pan.
- Add the onion mixture to the beef and season with garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix the vegetables with the beef thoroughly.
- Place all 6 peppers upright inside a large oven-proof ceramic dish. Fill each pepper with the beef mixture. Return the tops of the pepper to create little hats. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the peppers from the oven, and set the hats aside. Place a piece of cheese on top of the open beef mixture, and return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve Immediately. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.