Gluten-Free and Dairy-free Lemon Loaf. This ultra-moist cake-like bread is bursting with a sweet lemon flavor and topped with a fresh lemon glaze. Quick and easy to make, this is hands down the BEST lemon bread recipe!
Lemon has always been a most requested flavor when it comes to baked goods, which leaves no surprise that this Gluten-Free Lemon Loaf is one of our family’s favorite recipes. What makes this bread so great? It has real lemon flavor, nothing artificial here. The ingredients include fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and lemon extract. The vanilla and lemon extract I use is by the brand Simply Organic, which gives this bread the ultimate flavor.
Perfect for Spring and Summer, this gluten-free bread is perfectly paired with a cup of coffee in the morning or an afternoon Sunday brunch. Your guests will be begging you for the recipe, trust me!
Gluten-Free Lemon Bread Ingredients
This recipe has minimal high-quality ingredients. To save on calories, feel free to skip the lemon glaze at the end.
- Gluten-Free Flour: Helps provide structure and texture.
- Gluten-Free Almond Flour: Helps tenderize the bread.
- Yogurt: You can use any kind of plain yogurt, dairy-free, or greek yogurt.
- Sugar: For sweetness.
- Oil: Using a neutral-tasting oil such as refined coconut oil will help produce the best results. You can always substitute butter or ghee. My preferred oil is Nutiva’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil.
- Eggs: To help the bread to rise.
- Vanilla Extract: For flavor.
- Lemon Extract: This is my favorite brand of lemon extract.
- Baking Soda: To help the bread to rise.
- Baking Powder: To help the bread to rise.
- Salt: Helps bring out the sweetness.
- Lemons: You will need 2-3 lemons for this recipe for both the juice and zest.
- Powdered Sugar: For the glaze, provides extra sweetness for the loaf.
How to Make Gluten-Free Lemon Bread
This bread is easy to make with wholesome ingredients. You can always make this bread a day in advance and glaze right before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease an 8×4 or 9×5 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Add the eggs to a large mixing bowl and beat until frothy, around 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the sugar, yogurt, melted oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Mix until combined.
- Stir in the dry ingredients: gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Continue mixing for 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pan and place it on a cooling rack for 1-2 hours. Allow the bread to completely cool before adding the glaze.
- Add the lemon glaze and serve!
3 Tips for the BEST Lemon Bread
- Serve the next day. This bread tenderizes overnight, which makes it the perfect recipe prior to any event.
- Glaze prior to guest arriving. You will want to store the bread tightly in tin foil overnight. To avoid the glaze from smearing, apply to the loaf prior to guests arriving for the ultimate presentation.
- Use an 8×4 pan for a taller loaf. I love a loaf that gives off a good appearance, and the 8×4 loaf pan does just the trick.
For More Tasty Bread Recipes Click The Links Below
Gluten-Free Lemon Loaf (Dairy-Free)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup gluten-free baking flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease an 8x4 or 9×5 inch loaf pan. Set the pan aside.
- Add the two eggs to a large mixing bowl and beat until frothy, around 1-2 minutes.
- Next, add the sugar, yogurt, melted oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon extract to the large bowl. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the dry ingredients: gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center comes out clean with a toothpick.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pan and place it on a cooling rack for 1-2 hours.
- Make sure the bread is completely cooled before adding the glaze.
Instructions for Lemon Glaze
- In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon extract.Pour the glaze to the top of the loaf and carefully spread it with the back of a spoon. Allow 5 minutes for the glaze to harden. Serve immediately.
- Store in a tightly sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days.