This is the BEST Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Pecan Pie. Flakey buttery crust with a rich honey maple filling, no refined sugar or corn syrup!
Pecan pie has always been one of my favorites and this spin on the classic recipe is simply the best. Unlike conventional pecan recipes, there is no corn syrup or refined sugar! This recipe is also gluten and dairy-free, sweetened with a rich honey maple filling.
Ingredients In Pecan Pie
Simple rich ingredients for the ultimate pie!
- Pecans: chopped and toasted pecans are the best!
- Butter: unsalted regular butter or dairy-free butter
- Honey: for sweetness (for a vegan option replace honey with extra maple syrup)
- Maple Syrup: for sweetness
- Coconut Sugar: for sweetness
- Salt: for flavor
- Eggs: to help thicken the recipe
How to Make Gluten-Free Pecan Pie
Pecan Pie is simple to make, just read the instructions prior to baking.
- Make your Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and place the chopped pecans on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the coconut sugar and salt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Melt the honey and maple syrup in a glass dish, then add the syrup to the large mixing bowl along with the vanilla.
- Melt the butter and then add it to the mixing bowl.
- Mix everything thoroughly for 1 minute.
- Add in your eggs 1 at a time.
- Pour the chopped pecans into the bottom of your prepared pie crust, then pour the filling over the top of the pecans.
- Add the whole pecan to the top of the pie, then place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes place a pie shield over the top of the pie, and continue baking for 10-15 minutes.
- Pie is fully cooked once the center begins to puff and the edges start to brown.
- Remove the pie and allow the pie to cool on a baking rack for 2 hours.
Tip For Making the BEST Gluten-Free Pecan Pie
- Read the recipe steps and make sure you have all the ingredients beforehand.
- Melt the honey and maple syrup in the microwave for 20 seconds to help soften it.
- Make sure to melt the butter.
- Toast the pecans for 5 minutes at 375°F for ultimate flavor.
- Don’t skip chilling the pie crust!
- Make sure to watch the time closely to avoid the pecans burning.
For More Tasty Recipes, Check Out The Links Below
Gluten-Free Pecan Pie
Pecan Pie Filling
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or dairy-free butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, used for filling
- 1/2 - 1 cup whole pecans, used for topping
- 1 ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, ghee, or dairy-free butter ( chilled)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 tablespoons cold water, as needed
- Grease a 9-inch pie shell or 10-inch tart pan. Set Aside.
- Cut the butter into small chunks, then place the butter on a small plate in the freezer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the butter from the freezer and add it to your food processor with the flour and salt.
- Pulse the cold butter, flour, and salt until crumbly. If you do not have a food processor, you can use a pastry cutter or fork.
- Add the sugar and egg. Blend on high for around 20 seconds. The dough should hold together in the shape of a ball. If the dough is still too crumbly add 1-2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Shape the dough into a ball and flatten. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- After 1 hour remove the dough from the refrigerator. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of flour on some parchment paper and with a rolling pin, proceed to roll the dough to about ¼ inch thick.
- Place dough down into the greased pie dish. Set aside for the filling.
Pecan Pie Filling
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a fully lined baking sheet, spread out the chopped pecans evenly, then place the sheet in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the pecans from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Lower the temperature to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the coconut sugar and salt.
- In a medium-size microwavable bowl, microwave the honey and maple syrup for 20 seconds, then add the liquid to the large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla to the bowl and mix for 1 minute until smooth.
- Then add the eggs to the mixer one at a time and continue to mix until fully incorporated.
- In your prepared pie shell or tart pan, add the 1 cup of toasted chopped pecans to the bottom of the crust.
- Pour the filling over the top of the pecans. Mix the filling with a fork to avoid any pecans from sticking to the bottom.
- Top the pie with the remaining pecans in a circular pattern or any design you like on the top.
- Place the pie on a large baking and into the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes add a pie shield or foil to the top of the pie, to avoid over-browning. Continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes. The pie is finished baking when the edges of the filling are set and the middle is slightly wobbly and starting to puff.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature for two hours before serving. You can leave the pie out on the counter for 24 hours. After 24 hours refrigerator the pie for up to 4 days.