It's that time of year again, spooky season! Participate in a chain of Halloween fun with these free printable "You've been boozed" tags, instructions, and door signs. Attach the ghostly tags to your favorite adult beverages and secretly gift them to your neighbors and adult friends. After all, kids can't have all the fun?
- What does "You’ve Been Boozed" mean?
- How to play - Booze your neighbors and friends
- Keep the game going!
- When do you start "boozing" friends and neighbors?
- Who shall you choose to booze?
- Tag Tips
- Homemade food ideas for gift basket
- You've been boozed basket ideas and tips!
- Free printable gift tags, door signs, and instructions!
What does "You’ve Been Boozed" mean?
Have you ever been BOOED during the Halloween season? Someone mysteriously rings the doorbell and leaves a bag of Halloween treats with instructions to play the game forward. It's one of the many favorite Halloween traditions and kids love it!
This You’ve Been Boozed Halloween Game is the adult version. Similar concept but instead of candy, you secretly gift neighbors and friends with a bottle of wine or spirit (pun intended).
How to play - Booze your neighbors and friends
Boozing your neighbors and friends is a great way to make long-lasting memories. Each year you can make it a fun tradition everyone looks forward to in October.
- Select your beverage. Choose a bottle of alcohol of choice. We love using bottles of wine.
- Print the free printables. Download and printable tags, instructions, and door signs.
- Assemble. Attach the "You've been boozed" bottle tag to your beverage. Place the beverage, instructions, and door sign in a Halloween bucket or basket to keep everything together.
- Deliver. Secretly deliver the tagged beverage along with the printed instructions, and door sign to a neighbor or friend's front door.
Keep the game going!
If you've been boozed:
- Hang the door sign. The "We've Been Boozed" door sign lets everyone know you've already received a beverage.
- Continue the game. Follow the instructions to download, print, buy a beverage, assemble, and deliver to a friend or neighbor within two days.
When do you start "boozing" friends and neighbors?
This fun Halloween game starts on October 1st and goes through October 31st. It's a fun way to kick off the season and get into the Halloween spirit.
Who shall you choose to booze?
You want to choose someone who has not yet been boozed, but how will you know? Those receiving a beverage will also have instructions on how to continue the game and a door sign to hang indicating they've already been boozed. To keep the game going, choose a friend or neighbor that does not have a door sign. If you are the first person starting the game you can booze one of multiple people to kick off the festivities.
- Neighbors: It's fun to watch the ripple effect of boozing the neighborhood. We like to walk around to see which neighbor's house gets a basket of Halloween goodies.
- Family and Friends: It's a little trickier to secretly deliver a boozed beverage to family and friends, but so much fun if you have a large group.
- Co-workers: Similar to an office secret Santa, secretly gift a boozy beverage to a co-worker or two.
Print on white cardstock: Regular printing paper will do just fine, but an easy way to get a more polished look is to use white cardstock.
Use a three-whole punch and ribbon: Punch a small hole at the top of the gift tag and string a festive ribbon through.
Choose your color: Gift tags color options come in both black and white for an ultra-chic look.
Homemade food ideas for gift basket
Homemade is always better and adds a unique touch. Here are some fall favorite gluten-free options to add to your basket.
You've been boozed basket ideas and tips!
Not sure what to add to your Halloween basket of treats? Here is a list of ideas on how to make your boozed basket the "ghostest with the mostest."
- Wine lovers: Select a wine bottle you know the person you are boozing will love. Maybe even their favorite bottle of wine? Red wine, white wine, or champagne all make great options.
- Beer lovers: Grab a six-pack of festive beer and spread some Halloween cheer. Selections like pumpkin ale or hard cider that are seasonal are fun options. You can label each bottle with a gift tag and also decorate the box.
- Spirits and cocktail mixes: Create a basket with ingredients for your person's favorite cocktail. You can use mini liquor bottles for combinations such as gin and tonic or jack and coke. Include a recipe card for an added boozy treat.
- Chocolate pairing: Throw in some chocolate, Halloween candy, or any other fall treats that pair well with the beverage you choose.
- Homemade treats: I love adding a few of my Mummy Rice Krispie Treats to the bucket. You could also add these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies or a festive Pumpkin Bread.
- Mulled wine spice kit: Add a favor or your favorite mulled wine spice kit with a bottle of red wine.
- Festive beverage accessories: Boozed gifts that are Halloween-themed such as wine glasses, bottle openers, ice cube molds, festive coasters, or cocktail napkins are the perfect addition to accompany your beverage.
- Halloween bucket: Add your items to a basket or Halloween bucket to help keep things together.